High level guidance
Guides provide short focused descriptions of topic areas that are essential to know about when thinking about or undertaking an activity data project.
While there is some variation in the structure of guides, they are uniformly prefaced by a short topic description, a description of the general problem area that the guide addresses, and options for solutions in the area.
The guides that appear here are ordered in the order that topics might have to be considered while formulating and starting up an activity data/recommender project.
The guides are:
- Building a business case
- Sharing activity data: Legal issues
- Informing users about data collection
- Which events are significant?
- Identifying library data sources
- What’s behind a recommendation?
- Strategies for collecting and storing activity data
- Anonymising data
- Bringing activity data to life
- Enabling student success